Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hey, I work as a sort of Jr sysadmin. I was tasked to clone an SSD and I looked up tools to do the job. I found a free tool online made by a company in a country that is known for their APTs. I decided to test out the tool in a controlled environment with hardware that is going back to the leasing company and I disabled the wlan service on it just in case. The tool was able to clone the SSD well to another SSD, but something in the back of my mind told me to not do it in production so I used Linux instead to do the cloning. Worked like a charm. Do you guys have this sort of paranoia too when testing new tools out?

I ran the exe file of the free tool I found in virustotal and no AV flagged it and it had legit signatures. I checked the community comments and there were some posts raising concerns about said tool. submitted by /u/LeeeeeroyPhishkins
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T7hxTr

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib