Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hello r/Cybersecurity,

I am currently interviewing for a sr. network security analyst position for a small city (CA, USA). I found our during the interview that the city, to this point, has not had any official Cybersecurity position. It appears that they are in the process of maturing their cyber program and are trying to get more in compliance with federal regulations. The IT director stated he would be technically the CISO. They do not currently possess certain security tools I would've imagined them already possessing (IE: a NAC device). I love the idea of being able to assist in deploying new tools and assisting with advancing their exiting tools. After we spoke for about an hour on zoom, I was invited to an in person 2 hour interview next week! I feel so honored and excited at the same time.

A bit about me, I've worked in DoD federal IT contracting work for a number of years, with the last 2 being in Cybersecurity. I work on a large team with segmented responsibilities, from vulnerability scanners, engineers, policy makers, and SOC analyst. I've been cross trained and have helped with all the various tasks, but after discovering I would be essentially helping to create this program from the ground up, I have to admit I feel a bit nervous.

Any advice or recommendations on how to crush this two hour in person interview? I've been researching and trying to create a base cyber plan based on the NIST RMF as I believe that is what they would fall under being a city. submitted by /u/No_Plankton1412
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/Sx8m5L

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib