Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hi,

I’ve been a general data scientist for almost 7 years and for along time, my interest has been in cybersecurity but more specifically phishing detection.

I have a hobby interest working with NLP tools. With that, I’d like to begin research and development on building a DS-driven “solution” to classify phishing emails and filter them before making them to the users inbox.

The roadblock I have now is that I don’t have any clue how to begin research on this area. I have the book “ the art of cyber warfare”. Great book so far, but of course I need to make sure I really understand this area of study…. Which is my question?

How do I get started in the field to work on my project? What books, tools, videos, courses etc I could take. Some have said the field is so competitive and tough learning curve that I should probably stay in my lane.

But I think this stuff is cool and I’ve always been fascinated by cybersecurity….. and Natural Language Processing. I’m feeling a bit discouraged from these friends comments because they make it sound with the steep learning curve, it would be best to just save the effort of learning something completely new.

For context: I have a B.A in mathematics and im pursuing a comp sci masters in the spring to understand software dev more for my project and also my career.

Thanks. If anyone needs support in data science, I’d be happy to help in exchange. submitted by /u/Alert-Vermicelli-338
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/Sz457T

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib