Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I’m a SOC Analyst in a mostly Windows environment. Most of what I have done so far with scripting involves gathering information on assets on our network and accessing APIs provided by our tools to look stuff up.

I’ve only used PowerShell so far but I do have access to WSL at work and I know some Python fundamentals. I’d consider myself beginner to intermediate level with PS and Python, and beginner with Bash scripting.

Since there’s only so much time in the day, should I focus my learning on getting better at PowerShell, or spend more time with Python and Bash to get up to speed with them? I’ve read that both of those are kind of indispensable in cybersecurity. I don’t think there’s necessarily anything I’d need to do that isn’t available through PowerShell, and our EDR tool, as an example, has modules for both PS and Python.

Bonus question… I’ve always used Windows as my primary OS, which kinda helps with knowledge working in a Windows environment, but is it worth daily driving a Linux flavor for a while to get up to speed with Bash? Either of these are supported through work since I VPN into a Windows desktop. submitted by /u/esperlano
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/SzMbyN

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib