Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hey guys, I hope you're well!

As the title says, I would like to know your opinion as professionals in the Cybersecurity sector.

I'm currently at a point in my career where I'm part of an industry that is experiencing massive layoffs and lack of work. I've been working for more than 6 years and had made significant progress during these years working abroad in what is, objectively, one of the best companies in my sector with a salary several times higher than the average in my country. But the current situation in the sector, which has affected me, has made me consider a change of direction in my professional career.

I've been interested in cybersecurity since I was very young (I'm currently 30) and I remember that at the age of 13 I used to experiment on my computer and distribute homemade "malware" among my friends as a joke (I'm not proud about it and it cost me a good scolding from my mother). For life reasons I could never study anything related to IT and cybersecurity and nowadays I have no technical knowledge about cybersecurity or scripting, but I do consider that my knowledge about cybersecurity is above average and I like to be informed about the industry, I know the different phases of a penetration test, incident response processes, some tools... I always blame myself for not having studied something related to cybersecurity years ago.

Why do I tell you all that? Because I studied something related to production and project management, and I would like to know if the people in your teams who are part of the project management have technical knowledge about cybersecurity. If they're able to sit in front of a computer and take action or if they're more focused on project management and don't go into technical things. I've been looking at job offers related to cybersecurity project management and most of them ask for careers related to the sector and experience as a cybersecurity technician.

Would it be possible for someone without a technical background in cybersecurity but with a project management background to step into the industry and start a career as a Junior Cybersecurity Project Manager?

Thank you very much for your time! 🙌🏼 submitted by /u/Arcaminc
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T22fZl

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib