Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hello, everyone,

This will be my first post, ever actually, so I apologize in advance if I do not make myself clear, but I will try as much as possible to clarify things as they come.

I wanted to kindly ask any professional that could help me with some advice or some of their inside input for the situation that I have. I am currently a Cybersecurity Analyst, with no prior hands-on experience(or anything other than general knowledge) about Cloud or Engineering. I was thinking about which path I would like to take further into my career, which also comes together with a learning path as well, so I was thinking about Cloud Security(broadly, at the moment, not a specific role i.e. Architect or Engineer or Analyst) and considering to take some certifications towards this. I have detailed below a bit my work experience and what are more or less the areas where I have experience.

My concerns about this would be:


*

Since I do not have hands-on experience with Cloud matters, that it would be difficult finding a job.
*

Since I was always an Analyst and never did any Engineering or Admin work, I am not sure how many gaps are there to fill, besides getting the Cloud knowledge.
*

(not a concern) Based on the brief description provided by me below, what other specialization paths would you recommend? Would appreciate any help!



Work experience:

I started my career in cybersecurity 4 years ago as an Incident Response Analyst. After two years, I managed to get another role as a Cybersecurity Analyst at another company and my duties there were more related to Threat Intelligence and serving as a liaison in explaining upper management the issues/vulnerabilities in a way that they understood.

Since the direction in that company was not clear, I changed to a governmental job after 1 year, where I am a Cybersecurity Consultant(more fancy way of saying Analyst in this case, as I am a freelancer).

Here I performed:


*

Digital Forensic at a basic level, in my opinion. Meaning, I know how to make a physical acquisition with Tableau and use tools such as Plaso/MVT/Magnet/Volatility/MemProcFS/Memory Baseliner and also adapt to some adhoc situations(e.g: parsing and understanding LevelDB from Chrome to extract artifacts).
*

Malware analysis, again at a basic level, both static and dynamic. (e.g usin Flare VM suite in order to extract metadata, detonate the malware and extracting pcap with Wireshark, using procmon/fakedns etc). No reverse engineering.
*

Threat intelligence
*

Threat Hunting
*

iPhone forensics(acquisition and analysis)
*

Throughout my entire career I used the common tools for Analyst, such as SIEMs(Splunk), EDRs, Symantec DLP etc.



Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for the wall of text. submitted by /u/marlomonk
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T7Yv0G

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib