Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

IMPORTANT NOTE: After several years working in Emergency Medical Service, I realized that IT is where I belong -- specifically security. Over the years I have worked within EMS, I have been developing relevant skills all-the-while on my spare-time that pertain to the field (Python; BASH; C++; Linux; and Information Security methodology, tools, concepts, etc.); however, I am no longer working in EMS and my primary goal is learning cybersecurity sufficiently enough to get a job in the field and finding any opportunities that will assist in achieving my goal.

I currently live in a sober-living residence (20 months clean from opioids, amphetamines! :D) which is a converted old hotel. There is no way to hook up my own internet connection to client rooms, so the residents are limited to the single WiFi connection available (which is painful sometimes...). The network blocks adult content and certain information security content except when I use a VPN (some of the VPN servers I use are blocked by the network so I have to use another).

I am not currently a student of an educational institution to get my education, but I do plan on doing the ISC2 Cybersecurity Certification 180-day online course at some point in the near future.

I have been learning via Hacker101, TryHackMe, and a whole lots more. I also complete some CTF challenges but I I am very worried about the way my traffic looks through a VPN (for example if I am web fuzzing, using sqlmap, using hydra, using nmap, etc.) and whether I will get kicked/banned from the network.

TL;DR How can I continue my cybersecurity education and complete any ethical hacking I need on the network I am limited to? Is there a way for me to hide what I am doing? An IT company is the admin for the network but they seem to pay little attention to it. I would prefer that my last resort be to contact the IT company myself to notify them about my educational ethical hacking (because I am afraid they will say no and bar me from using the WiFi - though this may be irrational). Please let me know what I can do to continue my education un-noticed (All my activities will be strictly limited to those pertaining to my education and related homework) or what I should do? (I am tired of losing sleep over this matter!)

Thank you very much for anyone who responds - I can hardly express how much I value input on this matter. Have a wonderful day! submitted by /u/Cr4zyC0nd0r
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T31KBD

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib