Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I’m a security engineer/architect by trade and therefore a lot of my day to day involves implementing tools or building creative solutions to solve technical gaps. I would love to be able to write short technical articles on problems I’ve solved and gotchas I’ve discovered, both to help other people in the same situation and pad my professional profile for future job growth. I’m not concerned about making money with it at this point, mostly I just want to save people the hours of googling I’ve done to get where I am.

My concern is that obviously most of the things I will write about will be related to my day job. I can generalize the articles to remove any company specific information, but if you see I work for Microsoft and I’m writing about windows 10, there’s a certain level of association there. Could my company get upset by that, or could there be legal ramifications? Am I increasing our security exposure?

For that reason it would probably be best to do it anonymously/on a platform disassociated from my job, but then it defeats the professional profile portion. Maybe just start a GitHub and link to it on my resume? A lot of the stuff is code related, but also has infrastructure components. For example I recently built an automation platform in azure with a dozen or so associated run books.

Thoughts? Anyone else do anything like this? submitted by /u/The_Security_Ninja
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T2tjtd

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib