Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

As the title says I had a phone interview today with an HR rep from a company that provides cybersecurity solutions to companies. The position in question is a security analyst position, a position I have been trying to get for a few years now.

I have a security+ certification, a B.S in Cybersecurity, and several years of IT experience ranging from Network troubleshooting, debugging, tech support, sys admin - to working for AWS as a cloud support engineer.

After reading some advice on this subreddit I decided to build my own homelab server where I got direct experience setting up subnets and VLANs and creating a DMZ for devices that are going to be Internet facing, setting up wire guard for VPN access, managing my own DNS server, setting up DNS over TSL, setting up a CA for https certificates, and I've even setup Elasticsearch + Kabana (ELK stack) so I can hit that SIEM qualification.

The job itself I feel very much like I would be a perfect fit, but when they were asking me about enterprise EDRs or MDRs I had to tell them I did not have experience with that, and to be honest I blanked out on what they even were and I feel like this where is screwed up. I know about Crowdstrike but that's really it. I also only have a little bit of cybersecurity experience, mainly being working on SOC 2 compliance, user access control auditing, risk management committee at my company, and basic security training for employees.

Anywho I am feeling discouraged at the moment. Its been tough trying to get into this field and I feel like there is more I could be doing to help myself out, but besides getting more certs ( I plan on getting the CCNA next month and then the Cysa+ soon after) how can I make someone take a chance with me if I don't have a whole lot of cybersecurity specific experience? Also, is there any MDRs or EDRs tools that anyone recommends that are open source/ would be good to play around with in my homelab?

Overall the HR person told me they would pass my resume along to the hiring manager, and that although they are leaning more towards a candidate with enterprise experience with those tools, they are also interested in my cloud experience at AWS. If I do end up with another interview is there anything specific I should brush up as far as cloud security side of things, like must knows? My only experience security wise with AWS is AWS inspector and I guess IAM if one would consider that as security.

This would be a dream Job for me and if I get a second interview I want to make sure I'm prepared, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! submitted by /u/Daily_DrivenCRV
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T3Nbm0

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib