Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

I am about to hit my 2 yr mark at my current company as a security engineer (previously I did 2 cybersecurity internships with my state university) and I am potentially looking for other opportunities. Merely because my position doesn’t have any room to grow currently and in the foreseeable future. My current salary at 70k, which I got because they hired me right out of college with no real expirence, is beginning to be underwhelming considering how much I have learned, grown, and provided for my company; while I have the Security+ and the AZ-500. So while looking elsewhere I am shooting for around 110,00 for my hope to be at the position in 3-5 yrs. Is that a realistic salary goal for someone in my position?

EDIT:

Here are some of the top things I’ve done to better gauge my experience across 2 yrs:

Developed and configured a log aggregation tool that I used to create parsing and filter logs to our long term storage to save about 100k/yr.

Developed custom tools to detect misconfigured firewall policy’s and discrepancies.

Created standard logging requirements that saved the company around 100k/yr (misconfigurations and storage locations)

Implemented SSO to a variety of security and other teams tools.

Created standard query and table formats to effectively reuse queries. (Mimicking Log Analytics/Sentinel tables to ADX using log aggregation tool I developed to parse/filter)

Designed and developed a tool to detect and alert if IaC scanning is implemented across all ADO pipelines.

Redesigned and implemented our entire azure virtual desktop infrastructure.

Designed and implement our entire AWS security. (There was no security on AWS so I implemented it all when I first started - no alerting or logging etc)

Deployed IaC infrastructure for different security tools. Standardized and documented security standards around kubernetes (which we have a large amount of since its where our customer infrastructure is hosted)

Performed security audits for teams onboarding new tools (security arch questionnaires) submitted by /u/Foolz_RUs
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T2V37p

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib