Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Hey /r/cybersecurity, I manage a small cybersecurity team at a midsize business. I love my job and my team: we are passionate, diligent, sharp, and have stellar chemistry. I want to skill us up to retain and attract new talent. We work entirely in the cloud and use the Microsoft security stack.

Our goal is to become highly effective security analysts. We hope to achieve this by understanding Windows events and logs, investigating phishing emails, working with a SIEM, threat hunting/intelligence, and DFIR on a training platform. Ideally, the platform can train junior SOC analysts and take the senior folks to the next level. We are exploring a few platforms:

* TryHackMe: Pre Security, Intro to Cyber Security, Cyber Defense, SOC Level 1 and Level 2, Security Engineer
* HackTheBox: CDSA
* Security Blue Team: BTL1, BTL2, CSOM
* Offensive Security: OSDA




I'm keen on HTB, but I'm concerned the ceiling is too low; there doesn't seem to be much defensive content there, but I could be mistaken. I have read wonderful things about SBT. I have experience with THM, but want to make sure I do my due diligence and consider other options. While Microsoft certifications are teaching us how to design and use their tools, we're not really learning the analytical skills needed for DFIR expertise.

What does this community recommend? submitted by /u/BuildingKey85
[link] [comments]


http://dlvr.it/T2ZQ2r

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib